The team behind Medgene Labs is an experienced, visionary group of people with a deep interest in the animal health industry, strategic business development and the desire to make a global impact.
Mark Luecke, Chief Executive Officer
- Executive leadership with start-up and Fortune 500 companies in multiple technology fields.
- 15 years of business experience in sales, marketing, operations, finance, mergers and acquisitions and investment.
- Managing Director and CEO of Innovation Partners, an early-stage venture capital firm focused on research commercialization in agriculture, life sciences, and engineering.
Alan Young, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer
- 20 years of immunology experience with the Basel Institute, University of Toronto, Harvard University and South Dakota State University.
- Project Leader at the Center of Excellence for Emerging and Zoonotic Animal Diseases.
- Director of the South Dakota Center of Infectious Disease and Vaccinology.
- Deal sourcing, strategic planning, and partnership development for Medgene Labs and Innovation Partners.
- Manages all aspects of life science portfolio company operations, including market and technology development, intellectual property, team member recruitment, as well as due diligence on new investment opportunities.
- Graduate degree in Biomedical Engineering, applying knowledge and experience with advanced life science tools and techniques to the business environment.